This Privacy Statement explains what happens to any personal data that you may provide to us when applying for a council service, when you communicate with us, or that we may collect from you whilst you visit our website.
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, apply for a particular service or make a comment or complaint
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means such as email, letter or telephone call
- Information collected using cookies on your computer about how you browse our website
What are cookies?
Our website puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- recognise the browser you use
- track new and returning users
Find out more about the cookies we use on this website
Find out more about how to manage cookies from your browser
Advice on cookies from the Information Commissioner's Office
How we use your personal information
We use the information that we collect from you:
- to help us provide our services to you
- to provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services
- to provide information to you relating to other services that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information
Disclosing your information
We will not disclose your personal information to any other party other than in accordance with this Privacy Statement and in the circumstances detailed below:
- where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- to further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
- where you have given consent on your application form for the purposes of receiving our services
We will always keep your personal information safe and will never sell it to third parties.
How we store your personal information
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your personal information is treated and stored securely.
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your information as long as is necessary and then will be destroyed in accordance with our Retention and Disposal Policy.
Third party links
On occasion we include links to third parties on this website. Where we provide a link it does not mean that we endorse or approve that site’s policy towards visitor privacy. You should review their privacy statement before sending them any personal data.
Access to information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Staying in control of your information
In order for us to hold the correct information about you and your circumstances please let us know as soon as possible if there have been any changes.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy Statement using firstname.lastname@example.org
We do update this statement from time to time so please do review this policy regularly.